Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Attachment....the mysterious maya!

I left home on a business travel about ten days ago...when I was leaving, I felt it to be too long a trip...away from family, away from known people, known food, known surroundings...I reluctantly pushed myself!

The beauty of life is in the way it absorbs you! It has the knack of taking you in to its stride and mesmerizing you with its warmth...

Once I was out, reached a place out side my country of residence, it hardly took a day for me to get absorbed into life's action! It has been so busy...my family, known people were then limited to an occasional phone call, an odd text message, and of course, the power of technology that keeps you connected all the time....I wonder what happened to that reluctance!! 

Now the day has come when I need to conclude my business trip and head home. I just experienced a feeling that passed through me for a fraction of a second. The feeling that I am going to miss this place...that I stayed for ten days!

Is it what we call as 'maya'? Is this attachment not desirable? 
Though we know they are passing clouds, why do we get attached? But, did it not comfort me to stay away from my other attachments? 

Does it mean to say we get attached only to develop detachment from the earlier things? Intriguing....

No comments: