Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Can you face me again in your life?

Just like many people, I too have come across several people in various walks of my life. There were some who sought some assistance from me. In my own humble way, I did whatever I could in situations of dire need. There were occasions when I didn't even blink once before extending help. It could be lending money, guiding them in their studies, praying for their well being and being there for their psychological support....nothing extraordinary! 

During those moments, I did not think as if I was doing any great thing. As an acquaintance, I thought it was my basic duty to be of some help to another human being. Every time I did some help to someone I derived great sense of inner joy. 

But I am amazed to see how some of those people change colors as chameleons. Forget about gratitude for the help they received; they do not even consider it as any help at  all. Instead they consider it as their right to get assistance. I treated them with kid gloves and they hit me in my chest....

They choose to move as far away from me as possible and avoid. They unfriended me on Facebook; they change their mobile numbers...they move on and I stay on! 

I wonder why should they need to run away from me....is it because they consider me as a nuisance, or do they feel obligated towards me or do they suffer from guilt every time they come in contact with me? 


Whatever might be the reason, they have lost the courage to look into my eyes and speak...for this life time! If they have killed their guilt means they killed their conscience...

What are you without your conscience? 

No comments: